Kiwi Kathy's Note:
Quick, easy and delicious meal. Minimum fuss cooking at it's best. I found this recipe in the February 09 edition of "Recipes+". I didn't have chives on hand so used 1/2 red onion finely chopped instead. I also used loin chops and think the lamb leg steaks would work well too. I served it with a small helping of couscous.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 400 g cannellini beans
- 2 tomatoes, small, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chives, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup basil, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons mustard, wholegrain
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 lamb chops, forequarter
- 1Combine beans, tomato and avocado in a large bowl.
- 2Combine herbs, juice, oil, mustard and garlic in a medium bowl. Stir half the herb mixture through the salad.
- 3Heat oiled BBQ or char grill pan over a moderate heat. Cook lamb for 3 -4 minutes each side or until cooked as you like it.
- 4To serve:- Place bean salad on plates. Top with lamb and remaining herb mixture.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb With White Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (386 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 594.0
- Calories from Fat 361
- Total Fat 40.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 70.3 mg
- Sodium 98.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 27.3 g