9 hrs 30 mins
I have not made this yet, but it looked so delcious when I saw it being made on the sunrise show. Very rich, very chocolatie and very creamy. I will be making this for Australia Day! Cooking time is the time for the cheesecake to set in the fridge.Please note Lamington fingers are the cakes to be used in this recipe, but I was unable to list Lamington in the ingredients. Lamington's are a cake covered in chocolate icing and coconut.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 18 laimgton sponge cake fingers (see note above)
- 1/4 cup moist shredded coconut
- 240 g white chocolate, chopped
- 300 ml thickened cream
- 1 teaspoon gelatin
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- 250 g mascarpone cheese
- 125 g cream cheese
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 1Grease a 17cm x 27cm rectangular slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper extending paper 2cm up sides of pan.
- 2Lay lamington fingers, side-by-side, so that they over base of prepared pan.
- 3To make filling, place chocolate and 1/2 cup of the cream in a heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, stir until chocolate is melted. Remove bowl from heat. Sprinkle gelatine over cold water in a small heatproof jug. Stand jug in same pan of simmering water, stir until gelatine is dissolved. Remove and stir into warm chocolate.
- 4Beat mascrpone, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in small bowl with an electric mixer until soft and creamy. With motor operating, beat in chocolate mixture until combined. Beat remaining cream in a small bowl until soft peaks form. Fold cream into cheese mixture.
- 5Pour filling over lamington fingers. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight until set.
- 6To make topping, place chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a pan of simmering water, stir until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat and refrigerate for 20 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 7Lift slice from pan, pour over topping and spread to cover. Sprinkle with coconut. Refrigerate until set.
- 8Serve cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamington Cheesecake Slice
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 588.9
- Calories from Fat 409
- Total Fat 45.5 g
- Saturated Fat 27.9 g
- Cholesterol 147.3 mg
- Sodium 117.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 30.5 g
- Protein 9.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sponge cake fingers