Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Nice easy recipe for making lamingtons, soft sponge cake coated in chocolate icing and rolled in coconut.
- Preheat oven to 150°C Grease and flour 2 20x15cm sponge tins.
- Cream butter and sugar together in a food processor or using a hand mixer, then add eggs one at a time while mixing.
- Add vanilla essence, then sieve in together the flour and baking powder slowly adding milk.
- Pour mix into tins and bake for about 1 hour until a skewer comes out clean.
- Turn into a wire rack to cool.
- To make the icing sieve the icing sugar and cocoa together into a large bowl. Add milk and boiling water then stir until smooth.
- Soread coconut onto a large platter.
- Cut cakes into sqaures and using 2 forks dip into the chocolate icing, ensuring a even coating.
- Then drop into the coconut and coat.
- Repeat for each sponge square. Leave for about an hour before serving.