Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another variation of applesauce using Granny Smiths. An Asian/Australian/English confluence, this version is sweeter and more like an applesauce and less like a chutney in comparison to my other Granny Smith applesauce recipe. A Cookgirl Original dedicated to my Aussie friends.
- 1 lb granny smith apple
- 1 teaspoon english lavender, crushed to a fine powder
- 1 -2 teaspoon grated galangal (substitute fresh ginger if galangal unavailable)
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup, to taste
- Stovetop: Place all ingredients in a large pot and bring to boil. Cover and simmer on low for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until fruit is soft enough to puree.
- Use a hand held immersion blender to puree the apple mixture or puree the apples in batches using an electric blender.
- Crockpot: Place all ingredients in a crockpot and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours or until fruit is soft.
- Use a hand held immersion blender to puree or puree in batches using an electric blender.
- Adjust seasoning. Serve warm or chilled. (If you wish, sprinkle a small amount of powdered lavender on each serving.).
- Freezes well.
- Yield is estimated.