Another variation of applesauce using Granny Smiths. An Asian/Australian/English confluence, this version is sweeter and more like an applesauce and less like a chutney in comparison to my other Granny Smith applesauce recipe. A Cookgirl Original dedicated to my Aussie friends.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stovetop: Place all ingredients in a large pot and bring to boil. Cover and simmer on low for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until fruit is soft enough to puree.
- 2Use a hand held immersion blender to puree the apple mixture or puree the apples in batches using an electric blender.
- 3Crockpot: Place all ingredients in a crockpot and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours or until fruit is soft.
- 4Use a hand held immersion blender to puree or puree in batches using an electric blender.
- 5Adjust seasoning. Serve warm or chilled. (If you wish, sprinkle a small amount of powdered lavender on each serving.).
- 6Freezes well.
- 7Yield is estimated.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Land of Oz Granny Smith Applesauce: the Sequel
Serving Size: 1 (558 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 72.2
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 37.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: