Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is almost cheesecakey in flavour. Lattice biscuits are a flakey pastry biscuit that are square with a lattice design and glazed perfect if you have to "take a plate"......very yummy.
- Line a lamington tin (11"x8") with foil. Place lattice biscuits FACE DOWN on the bottom of tin.
- Blend all other ingredients in a food proccesor or with a mixer (DON'T MELT THE BUTTER).
- Pour over biscuits.
- Top with lattice biscuits (face up).
- Refrigerate till set.
- Cut into desired sizes either whole squares or strips.
- Store in an air-tight container (if they last that long).
- If the mix is too runny, set in refrigerator for 5 minutes then pour over biscuits.
I'm in Australia and I have been looking for this recipe for ages as my aunty Phillis use to make this exact slice but she put marmalade in the cheese mix(she was never a good cook ),I made this once with margarine and it was a big failure, today I made it with butter and omg I will be making this slice all the time thankyou for sharing this recipe
This was one of my favourite recipes back at home in Australia every one loved them. But I'm now living in London and I cant find the lattice biscuits anywhere. Does any one know if they make them in the UK?
Sweet jesus it's BLISS on a plate