Sara 76's Note:
This is from Nourish magazine. I haven't tried it yet, but it just looks so yummy! Each serving gives you 2 full servings of fruit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 800 g watermelon, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 mangoes, finely chopped
- 2 pears, finely chopped
- 3 kiwi fruits, peeled and finely chopped
- 250 g strawberries, hulled and finely chopped
- 150 g blueberries (can be fresh or frozen')
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, grated
- 1 teaspoon rose essence
- 50 g pistachios, roughly chopped
- 400 g low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1Layer fruits in a large serving bowl or individual glasses.
- 2Place vanilla, sugar, lemon zest, rosewater, and 1 1/2 cups of water in a saucepan. Bring to the boil.
- 3Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 4Allow to cool. Strain.
- 5Pour syrup over fruits and sprinkle with pistachios.
- 6Top each serving with a generous spoonful of yoghurt.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Layered Fruits With Lemon Pistachio Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (516 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.6
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 3.3 mg
- Sodium 49.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 58.3 g
- Protein 7.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: