Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I read about 50 recipes but none really sounded right, so I came up with my own version for a party yesterday. I have to say it was the hit of the party!
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 lime, zest of
- 3 tablespoons chopped coriander (cilantro)
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- Tabasco sauce
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups lettuce, shredded (I used regular iceberg)
- 400 g red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 400 g corn, drained
- 2 red capsicums, diced (I used oven roasted jarred ones)
- 300 g salsa (I used mild capsicum)
- 1 small red onion, diced finely
- 1⁄2 cup pitted black olives (I used kalamata)
- 3 cups diced tomatoes
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 4 slices bacon, diced and cooked crispy
- corn chips, to serve
- Mix the dressing ingredents and set aside.
- In a large glass bowl, layer the ingredients from lettuce through to diced tomato.
- Top with the dressing, then garnish with the cheese and crispy bacon.
- I offered a bowl of corn chips on the side to be crushed over the top if anyone wanted them!