A delicious way to enjoy mashed potatoes. Easy enough for weekday meals; elegant and tasty enough to serve to dinner guests. Adapted from the Australian Women's Weekly Casserole cookbook.
- Peel potatoes, cut each into four even pieces.
- Boil, steam or microwave the potatoes until they are tender, drain the potatoes and mash them; add butter, milk and sugar and beat until the butter melts.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pan, cook the leek, garlic, mushrooms and thyme until the leek is soft.
- Add the wine and cook, stirring, until the wine evaporates.
- Stir the leek mixture into the mashed potatoes; and serve.
A simply special mash.
We enjoyed these mashed potatoes very much. They were easy to prepare and they had great flavor. I used a sauvignon blanc for the white wine and cremini mushrooms. I also used olive oil instead of vegetable oil. I would definitely make this recipe again. I served it as a side to Mustard-Rubbed Pork Loin With Blackberry Mustard Sauce 373834. Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT5.