This is a great luncheon or light dinner recipe! The pie crust made from bread works really well and is much easier than pastry. I think it originally came from the Australian Womans Weekly. I've been making it for years. Serve it with a tossed green salad and some chips (fries)on the side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove crusts from bread and spread with margarine.
- 2Retain the crusts.
- 3Line the base and sides of a deep pie plate with bread, buttered side down.
- 4Sprinkle with grated cheese and press down.
- 5Set aside.
- 6In a saucepan melt margarine.
- 7Add leeks and cook for 5 minutes.
- 8Stir in capsicum and garlic and cook 1 minute.
- 9Stir in blended cornflour, milk and crumbled stock cube.
- 10Cook for 3 minutes.
- 11Remove from heat and stir in eggs.
- 12Pour into bread lined pie plate.
- 13Use the reserved crusts to decorate the top in a lattice pattern.
- 14Bake in oven 200 deg celsius for 30 minutes or until filling is set.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leek Pie
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 419.2
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 174.1 mg
- Sodium 836.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 21.8 g