Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Had way too much of roast beef one time, and whipped this salad up to make up for the amount of meat I had consumed, and the lack of vegetables in a diet. It worked so well, I have started making extra roast beef, just so that I could have heaps of leftovers for this wonderful salad.
- mint leaf
- 1 head watercress
- 1 packet mixed salad green
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 5 slices leftover roast beef (up to you how much you wanna add)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 chili, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Wash and dry mint leaves and watercress in a salad spinner.
- Toss the packaged salad leaves and watercress in a salad bowl and top with tomatoes and onion.
- Add beef slices, torn into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix dressing in a bowl, stir well to combine.
- Cover salad with spicy dressing.
- Top with mint leaves and serve with rotti for a twist.
One of our favorites - I was pleasantly surprised by the unusual dressing. Very light and the flavor complements the beef perfectly. There aren't many recipes I keep coming back to (I like trying new ones), but this has become one of our summer staples. Left-over steak works well in this too.
Did not like this at all! Will NOT make again
didn't use it for leftover beef. i was looking for a thai flavoured sauce for my prawn & pomelo salad but didn't want the hassle of a fussy recipe. it works great! my family said it was yummy!