Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These delicious tiny appetizers are made using leftover cooked sweet potatoes but you could use any mashed vegetable eg. pumpkin or normal potato with added ham/bacon or seasonings to taste.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 cup chopped cooked sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large heavy skillet, and cook red pepper, onion and curry powder until tender.
- Stir in cooked sweet potatoes. Cool.
- Stir flour, sour cream, and chutney
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush wonton squares with 2 tablespoons melted butter and press each into miniature muffin cups.
- Spoon sweet potato mixture into the wonton shells and bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
What an interesting way to use up sweet potatoes! I used green bell pepper, as that is what I had on hand. Thanks for sharing!
This was easily adapted to accomodate a vegan relative and everyone loved them. I used premade filo cups, tofu "sour cream" and dairy-free margarine. I also used a green pepper, because that's what I had, but I think the red would look nicer. Wonderful recipe, thanks!