1/1 Photo of Lemon and Parsley Whole Baked Fish
We are catching plenty of fish right now so I need ways to use them! I found this on the Bigpond site, but changed it to suit us and the ingredients I had on hand. We have a tiny oven so took the head off our fish so's it'd fit, but you can leave yours on if you prefer. We used a spangled emperor which is a relative of snapper and bream. We thought this was delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (2 kg) whole fish, cleaned, scaled, patted dry inside and out
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced finely
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 preserved lemon, discard flesh and use skin only and chop it fine
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts (I do mine in a dry pan over medium heat)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1Heat your oven to 180c.
- 2Score the fish through the thicker parts a few times on each side; stuff the garlic slivers into the slits.
- 3Mix together the parsley, preserved lemon, pinenuts, salt and pepper, then add in the oil to make a paste.
- 4Smear this paste inside and on the outside of the fish.
- 5Wrap the fish in a foil parcel and bake in the oven about 30 minutes or until done to 65c. Remove from the oven and allow to rest wrapped in the foil about 5 minutes.
- 6Serve with the juices spooned over.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon and Parsley Whole Baked Fish
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.7
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 299.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: