1/1 Photo of Lemon and Parsley Whole Baked Fish
We are catching plenty of fish right now so I need ways to use them! I found this on the Bigpond site, but changed it to suit us and the ingredients I had on hand. We have a tiny oven so took the head off our fish so's it'd fit, but you can leave yours on if you prefer. We used a spangled emperor which is a relative of snapper and bream. We thought this was delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (2 kg) whole fish, cleaned, scaled, patted dry inside and out
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced finely
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 preserved lemon, discard flesh and use skin only and chop it fine
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts (I do mine in a dry pan over medium heat)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1Heat your oven to 180c.
- 2Score the fish through the thicker parts a few times on each side; stuff the garlic slivers into the slits.
- 3Mix together the parsley, preserved lemon, pinenuts, salt and pepper, then add in the oil to make a paste.
- 4Smear this paste inside and on the outside of the fish.
- 5Wrap the fish in a foil parcel and bake in the oven about 30 minutes or until done to 65c. Remove from the oven and allow to rest wrapped in the foil about 5 minutes.
- 6Serve with the juices spooned over.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon and Parsley Whole Baked Fish
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.7
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 299.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: