1/1 Photo of Lemon and Thyme Sausage Kebabs
bluemoon downunder's Note:
One of several budget-savvy, "sizzling sausages" recipes in the current issue of the Australian magazine 'New Idea'. This one food editor Barbara Northwood has costed at $A2.26 per serve. Vary the vegetables to meet your taste preferences and add some heat if that's what you like! If making this, I'd be inclined to increase the number of mushrooms and use onion slices in place of the corn which I've never been particularly fond of.
My Private Note
lemon a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 8 beef sausages
- 2 corn cobs, cut into 3 cm slices (11/4 inch)
- 4 zucchini, cut into 3 cm slices (11/4 inch)
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 200 g button mushrooms (61/2 ounces)
- 8 wooden skewers
Lemon Thyme Dressing
- 1Place the sausages in a saucepan; cover with water; bring slowly to the boil; simmer gently, for 15 minutes; drain and cool; cut each sausage into 4 pieces.
- 2Boil, steam or microwave the corn and zucchini, separately, until they are just tender.
- 3To make the lemon dressing, whisk all the ingredients in a small jug.
- 4Thread the sausages and vegetables onto skewers; drizzle the kebabs with the dressing; refrigerate, covered, for several hours or overnight.
- 5Bring the sausage kebabs to room temperature; drain; reserve the dressing; cook the kebabs on a heated, oiled barbecue grill plate, turning occasionally until browne.
- 6Drizzle with the reserved dressing.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon and Thyme Sausage Kebabs
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.2
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 15.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: