Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Delicious and tangy chicken pieces--easy to prepare and a hit with everything from a dinner party to picnics.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, with bone
- flour, seasoned
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 teaspoons soya sauce
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- To make the lemon sauce combine, the Soya sauce, lemon juice and zest, garlic and the oil. Mix well and keep in fridge for 30 minutes before use.
- Toss chicken in the seasoned flour. Grease a large ovenproof dish and arrange chicken in a single layer. Melt butter and spoon over chicken. Bake uncovered in a hot oven for 25 minutes.
- Turn chicken over, spoon over the lemon sauce and return to oven for another 20 minutes, basting occasionally.
- Serve with salads, i.e. coleslaw, potato salad, tossed salads, and crusty bread.
Nice lemon flavor without being too overpowering. I only had a bit less than the 1/2C of lemon juice but it worked nonetheless. I used 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I cooked these at 375Â°F and seasoned the flour with a bit of salt and lemon pepper.
Dish is good but there is so much wrong with this recipe as submitted here. First, what is the oven temp? Next how can 1-1/2 lbs chicken feed 4 to 6 servings. At my butcher 1/2 of a whole bone in breast weighed 1.25 lbs. (I used 1 1/2 whole breasts that weighted almost 4 lbs.) Also, do you remove skin or not? I baked for 30 minutes then added sauce and baked 25 minutes longer in center of over. Perfect chick. Also, I added 1 tablespoon honey to the sauce to cut the tang of the lemon which was pretty strong. Joyful Cook really needs to submit this recipe with corrections. My receipt as stayed is a 5 star one. Try it my way.
Excellent recipe! Very tangy! I added more garlic, but kept everything else the same. The next time I may add some cayenne or red pepper flakes for a little kick. I baked it uncovered at 375 for 45 min; turn after the first 20. Thank you for sharing!