I've been making this for years without a recipe, so when dale! asked me for the recipe, I had to stop and think. I also use the same mix (less lemon juice) for a pineapple cheesecake. You can add sugar, but I love the tart lemon flavour. If you like your base right up the side of the cheesecake, double the base mixture-I like more cake, less crumbs!
- Base: Combine ingredients and press into the bottom of a greased 22cm springform pan.
- Filling: Beat the cheese and condensed milk in a food processor until smooth.
- Add the juice and zest and process to mix.
- Sprinkle the gelatine over the boiling water, and whisk with a fork to dissolve.
- Pour into the processor, and mix well.
- Lastly, add the whipping cream and pulse just enough to mix it through-you don't want to overbeat it.
- Refrigerate for a few hours before decorating however you like-piped whipped cream, fresh fruit, passionfruit pulp, etc.