Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
From a picnic menu in The Australian Women's Weekly magazine.
Make and share this Lemon Chicken Drumsticks With Citrus Chili (Chilli) Salt recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large hot red chili pepper, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup flaked sea salt
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 3 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons runny honey
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 12 basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 180c (160c fan forced).
- Pound chilli, salt and rinds in mortar and pestle or processor until fine flakes form. Spread the mixture out on a small oven tray and bake for about 5 minutes or until dry. Cool; store in an airtight container.
- Whisk the juices, oil and honey in a large bowl until combined; add the drumsticks and stir to coat.
- Tranfer drumsticks and marinade into a baking dish, add basil. Bake for about 50 minutes or until cooked through turning occasionally. Cool.
- Transfer chicken and pan juices to a storage container. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve sprinkled with the citrus salt.