1 hr 10 mins
From a picnic menu in The Australian Women's Weekly magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large hot red chili pepper, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup flaked sea salt
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 3 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons runny honey
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 12 basil leaves
- 1Preheat oven to 180c (160c fan forced).
- 2Pound chilli, salt and rinds in mortar and pestle or processor until fine flakes form. Spread the mixture out on a small oven tray and bake for about 5 minutes or until dry. Cool; store in an airtight container.
- 3Whisk the juices, oil and honey in a large bowl until combined; add the drumsticks and stir to coat.
- 4Tranfer drumsticks and marinade into a baking dish, add basil. Bake for about 50 minutes or until cooked through turning occasionally. Cool.
- 5Transfer chicken and pan juices to a storage container. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve sprinkled with the citrus salt.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Chicken Drumsticks With Citrus Chili (Chilli) Salt
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 348.0
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 118.2 mg
- Sodium 122.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 28.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hot red chili peppers
flaked sea salt