Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A great recipe for those who love lemons! And for when your lemon tree is laden! It sounds just so delicious. I've just found it in the November 2005 issue of the 'Australian Good Taste' magazine, where I was looking for low-fat recipes, and I'm posting it here for safe-keeping: so that I remember to make it! It's Donna Mahon's recipe. She is the Victorian finalist in the 2005 Home Cook of the Year Competition. The winner from the seven state finalists is to be announced in January. This was the recipe from the finalists' recipes that immediately grabbed my attention. Donna says it is her signature dish, the one she "always falls back on" when she's entertaining.
- Place the chicken cutlets, bone-side down, in a large, lightly greased roasting pan.
- Peel strips of rind from the lemons, cut the lemons in half and juice. Set the juice aside.
- Place the strips of lemon rind and prosciutto between the chicken cutlets in the pan.
- Sprinkle the chicken with garlic, sage, marjoram and rosemary. Drizzle with lemon juice and season with salt and lemon pepper. Drizzle with oil and cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour to allow the flavours to blend.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/(approximately 335°F), and bake the chicken for 40 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Donna suggests serving this with mashed potato and sautéed spinach. When I make it, I'm planning to serve it with Cookgirl’s I Did It My Way Creamed Spinach Recipe #116296 and my Herbed Potato Crisps Recipe #119124.