1 hr 20 mins
bluemoon downunder's Note:
A great recipe for those who love lemons! And for when your lemon tree is laden! It sounds just so delicious. I've just found it in the November 2005 issue of the 'Australian Good Taste' magazine, where I was looking for low-fat recipes, and I'm posting it here for safe-keeping: so that I remember to make it! It's Donna Mahon's recipe. She is the Victorian finalist in the 2005 Home Cook of the Year Competition. The winner from the seven state finalists is to be announced in January. This was the recipe from the finalists' recipes that immediately grabbed my attention. Donna says it is her signature dish, the one she "always falls back on" when she's entertaining.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the chicken cutlets, bone-side down, in a large, lightly greased roasting pan.
- 2Peel strips of rind from the lemons, cut the lemons in half and juice. Set the juice aside.
- 3Place the strips of lemon rind and prosciutto between the chicken cutlets in the pan.
- 4Sprinkle the chicken with garlic, sage, marjoram and rosemary. Drizzle with lemon juice and season with salt and lemon pepper. Drizzle with oil and cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour to allow the flavours to blend.
- 5Preheat the oven to 170°C/(approximately 335°F), and bake the chicken for 40 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Chicken With Prosciutto & Fresh Herbs
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.1
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 118.4 mg
- Sodium 108.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 24.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves
fresh rosemary leaves