Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love these no bake Lemon Coconut Squares, as I love anything with lemon in it. They are really popular in Australia and you often get them at morning and afternoon teas.
- Put condensed milk and butter in a small pan, stir over gentle heat until butter has melted and mixture is combined.
- Add lemon rind and coconut to biscuit crumbs, mix well.
- Add butter and milk mixture to crumb mixture, mix together well with your hands.
- Press into a greased lamington tray (11in x 7in).
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Ice with lemon icing, sprinkle with coconut.
- When the icing has set, cut into squares.
- Lemon Icing: Combine sifted icing sugar, lemon juice and soft butter in a bowl.
- Mix well to make a smooth icing.
I made this for a meeting I went to since I'm dieting and didn't want to eat the whole thing! It was a hit! Everyone loved it, including me who had a little more than I should have. I didn't know what a lamington pan though. Since I was taking it to work, I just spread it out into a plastic Rubbermaid dish I had that was about 11x7. It worked out well. I found the arrowroot biscuits in the baby food section of the grocery store.
Wow, these were really sweet but we still enjoyed them. I think I got some wrong info when I used the measurement converter as the base was extremely gooey and there was no way I could mix it with my hands as indicated in the directions. I added more biscuit crumbs and that did help, but looking at your photos, it would appear that my base was still wetter than it should have been. This is certainly easy to prepare and would be a great recipe to make if you needed something in a hurry. I will fiddle with the measurments next time to get the base right. Thx Jan!
This is a super-awesome amazing recipe!!! I had to make something quick to contribute to a church funeral reception and wanted something a bit different than the usual squares that we see. I made them and added a touch of yellow food colouring to the icing and they were great!! Everyone loved them.