Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Lemon Loaf recipe from Food.com.
- 1. Preheat oven to 180°C Grease and line a 6cm deep, 19cm x 10cm (base) loaf pan.
- 2. Using an electric mixer, cream butter, 1 cup of sugar and rind until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 3. Add half the flour and half the milk to egg mixture. Gently stir to combine. Fold in remaining flour and milk. Spoon mixture into loaf pan.
- 4. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- 5. Combine remaining sugar and 1/3 cup of lemon juice. Pour over hot loaf while still in pan. Stand in pan until cooled.