1 hr 30 mins
Easy to make cake that is lovely and moist. As a bonus it is gluten free as it is made from polenta (corn meal) and almond meals. Contains no flours
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 160C.( 320°F ).
- 2Grease and line a 26cm (10 inch) round cake tin with paper.
- 3Beat the butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- 4Stir in the essence, rind and juice.
- 5Fold in the remaining ingredients.
- 6Pour into the cake pan and cover with aluminium foil. Bake.
- 7Check after 40 minutes - the cake is cooked when the crumbs cling to an inserted skewer. The cake should take between 40 minutes and one hour to cook.
- 8Serve dusted with icing sugar and with cream, mascarpone or vanilla yogurt.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Polenta Cake
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 708.7
- Calories from Fat 470
- Total Fat 52.2 g
- Saturated Fat 21.4 g
- Cholesterol 185.8 mg
- Sodium 300.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 35.7 g
- Protein 12.7 g