Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Easy to make cake that is lovely and moist. As a bonus it is gluten free as it is made from polenta (corn meal) and almond meals. Contains no flours
- Preheat oven to 160C.( 320°F ).
- Grease and line a 26cm (10 inch) round cake tin with paper.
- Beat the butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in the essence, rind and juice.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients.
- Pour into the cake pan and cover with aluminium foil. Bake.
- Check after 40 minutes - the cake is cooked when the crumbs cling to an inserted skewer. The cake should take between 40 minutes and one hour to cook.
- Serve dusted with icing sugar and with cream, mascarpone or vanilla yogurt.