This is a yummy winter dessert. My all time favourite. The mix magically seperates during cooking, leaving a light fluffy pudding with sweet tangy sauce! I guarantee you'll make it again and again. All measurements are in metric.
- Place egg yolks in a large bowl.
- Add sugar and stir till smooth.
- Add melted butter, flour and lemon rind, then stir in juice and milk.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks.
- Gently fold into yolk mix.
- Pour mixture into a well greased, deep oven proof dish.
- (I use a souffle dish!) Bake 170 degrees celcius for 40-50 minutes.
This was so delicious and lemony. It says 4 servings but we pigged out and finished it between the two of us! The only thing was it didn't really have a separate sauce the way I thought it would. It was more just really soft and only slightly runny at the bottom. The flavour of this is so divine though that it deserves 5 stars. It tastes a bit like lemon meringue pie. I'll be making this often.
When it starts getting colder we have one night a week where we have a nice hot soup, and on those nights is when I make a dessert as well. This is what we had last night after Izzy's Potato Cheese Soup (which is delicious). This dessert is really yummy, the bottom is like a fine lemon custard, and the top is similar to angel cake sponge. Really liked this. Thanks for posting. =)
What a great recipe!:) Very easy to make and I just loved the flavor. I left the lemon zest out(not something a usually have on hand) but it still tasted wonderful.