Jen T's Note:
This is a real "old" dessert that some may remember. A friend reminded me of it while chatting one night! This was made in a pot in the original recipe, but updated, it is really worth making in the microwave because it doesn't burn on the bottom and can be served from the dish it was cooked in.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Measure the sago and hot water into a 6-8 cup capacity microwave safe bowl or casserole dish.
- 2Peel the rind from lemon using a potato peeler or very sharp knife and add to the bowl. Take care not to include any of the pith (white part) with the peel.
- 3Microwave uncovered on high for 5-6 minutes until the sago is thick and nearly clear.
- 4Lift out all of the peel except for one strip.
- 5Add in the lemon juice (about 2-4 tablespoons) and the golden syrup.
- 6Stir to mix, then taste and add more golden syrup if necessary.
- 7Cover and leave to stand.
- 8Reheat before serving to the temperature at which you like lemon sago best.
- 9Serve with dollops of whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Sago
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 36.5
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: