1/2 Photos of Lemon Scented Lamb
1 hr 20 mins
Usually I am not a fan of Hueys recipes, but this recipe is wonderful. I found this recipe whilst watching Hueys Cooking adventures and copied it! Great outcome.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C fan forced or 240°C normal.
- 2Place the lamb in a large oven tray and cut small, deep slits all over the lamb. Then stud with the lemon pieces and garlic slivers then lightly dust lamb with flour and Season well, sprinkle with oil. Pour about ½ cup stock into the tray and cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- 3Turn the oven temperature down to 180°C fan forced oven or 200°c normal oven and cook lamb for about another 50-60 mins for a pink rare meat & longer for medium and longer again for well done, basting and adding some more stock to the tray as you do so.
- 4Remove lamb and rest for 10 mins, before carving.
- 5While the lamb is resting, degrease the tray and add 1 heaped tbsp flour. Cook over a medium heat, continually stirring, and add the tomatoes, about 1 cup stock and add mint jelly. Stir well and reduce to a gravy consistency, when ready strain the sauce.
- 6Slice the lamb and arrange on plates, spoon gravy over and serve.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Scented Lamb
Serving Size: 1 (539 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1215.5
- Calories from Fat 703
- Total Fat 78.1 g
- Saturated Fat 33.2 g
- Cholesterol 382.2 mg
- Sodium 581.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 109.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: