1/1 Photo of Lemon Syrup Cake
This cake is light, lemony and ultra moist - and you can whip it up in no time. Absolute heaven!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 125 g butter
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon rind
- 3/4 cup white sugar (preferably caster sugar)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1Grease a shallow 20cm (7") ring pan or a 20cm (7 inch) round cake tin.
- 2Set oven to 160°C (325°F).
- 3Combine butter, rind and sugar in a small bowl and beat with an electric mixer until the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
- 4Add eggs, one at a time, beating constantly until the eggs are completely combined.
- 5Transfer the mixture into a larger bowl.
- 6Place a sieve over the larger bowl and sift in the flour.
- 7Add the coconut and stir until well mixed.
- 8Spoon the mixture into the cake tin and bake on the centre shelf of the oven at 160°C (325°F) for 45 minutes or until cooked.
- 9Syrup: Just before the cake is finished cooking, prepare the lemon syrup.
- 10Combine all the syrup ingredients in a small saucepan over a medium heat.
- 11Stir over the heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- 12(Do not let the mixture boil at this stage).
- 13When all the sugar is dissolved, increase the heat and bring the mixture to a boil.
- 14Reduce the heat to low and let the mixture simmer, uncovered, without stirring for 3 minutes.
- 15Now, take the cake out of the oven, turn it onto a plate and pour the hot syrup slowly over the hot cake until all the syrup is absorbed.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Syrup Cake
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 558.9
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 185.5 mg
- Sodium 462.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 64.2 g
- Protein 6.8 g