This cake is light, lemony and ultra moist - and you can whip it up in no time. Absolute heaven!
Make and share this Lemon Syrup Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Grease a shallow 20cm (7") ring pan or a 20cm (7 inch) round cake tin.
- Set oven to 160°C (325°F).
- Combine butter, rind and sugar in a small bowl and beat with an electric mixer until the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating constantly until the eggs are completely combined.
- Transfer the mixture into a larger bowl.
- Place a sieve over the larger bowl and sift in the flour.
- Add the coconut and stir until well mixed.
- Spoon the mixture into the cake tin and bake on the centre shelf of the oven at 160°C (325°F) for 45 minutes or until cooked.
- Syrup: Just before the cake is finished cooking, prepare the lemon syrup.
- Combine all the syrup ingredients in a small saucepan over a medium heat.
- Stir over the heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- (Do not let the mixture boil at this stage).
- When all the sugar is dissolved, increase the heat and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the mixture simmer, uncovered, without stirring for 3 minutes.
- Now, take the cake out of the oven, turn it onto a plate and pour the hot syrup slowly over the hot cake until all the syrup is absorbed.