Please note that a New Zealand cup is 250ml.
Make and share this Lemon Yogurt Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Beat eggs, oil, sugar and peel.
- Add the rest of ingredients in order above. Grease a bundt tin and flour it -just throw a spoonful of flour into it and shake it all around so flour coats tin, shake off excess.
- Bake for 30 mins or test with skewer till it comes out clean.
- This cake stays moist for a good week and freezes extremely well.
- Serve dusted with icing sugar.
Soft and delicate cake, great for me and my lemon glut. Very easy to do, just as easy to eat too.
This was a very easy cake to make but I'm not sure if I did it quite right...I whisked by hand step 2 and then stirred in the rest of the ingredients. I used regular white sugar, vegetable oil and nonfat yogurt. I baked it at 350F. When I tried to remove it from the bundt pan the whole bottom(top) stuck in the pan even though I did grease and flour it. So I turned it with it's undamaged side up. I tasted the broken off part and thought it wasn't lemony enough for me so I made a glaze of 1/2 cup sugar and 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice. I poked some holes in the cake and drizzled the glaze over it and let it sit overnight. The next morning I tried to cut slices and they crumbled apart. The cake had a very crumbly soft muffin texture...I'm not sure if it's because I mixed it by hand. Anyhow even though it ended up crumbs they were very moist and wonderful tasting. I will be making this again and will try in muffin tins. I wonder if it would work with butter instead of oil? Made for Zaar Tag.