Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
The lemon and garlic in this make a nice change to ordinary baked chicken, and it's so easy.
Make and share this Lemony Baked Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 180C degrees.
- Rinse the chickens cavity and dry with paper towel.
- Place the lemon, spring onion, chopped lemon thyme, garlic and lemon pepper in a bowl and mix together well.
- Spoon this mixture into the cavity of the chicken.
- Tie the drumsticks together with string and place on a wire rack over a baking dish.
- Brush with the oil and top with the sprigs of lemon thyme.
- Cover the breast with the slices of prosciutto.
- Cover the chicken with aluminum foil, and bake for 1 1/4 hours or until cooked through.
- Remove the foil and cook for a further 15 minutes to crisp the prosciutto.
- Allow the chicken to rest for 15 minutes before serving.
- Discard the stuffing.