Served over pasta, rice or a baked potato this makes for a great vegetarian meal.
Make and share this Lentil Bolognese recipe from Food.com.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 carrots, coarsely grated
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup red lentil (rinsed)
- 410 g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 450 ml vegetable stock (cubes are fine)
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan gently fry the onion, garlic, carrots and celery in the oil for about 5 mins, until they are soft.
- Add the lentils, tomatoes, tomato paste, stock, herbs and seasoning.
- Bring the mixture to a boil then partially cover with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes until thick and soft.