A lovely healthy salad that will keep you going until dinner. I found this on the back of a packet of French style lentils.
- 1 cup French lentils
- 3 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 450 g baby beets, drained & cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely sliced
- 1⁄2 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt & pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Bring the water, lentils & bay leaf to boil in a medium saucepan, reduce heat & simmer until tender, approx 25 minutes.
- Drain & remove bay leaf.
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, garlic & salt & pepper, pour over lentils and lightly toss.
- Toss the dressed lentils together with the onion, beets, parsley & coriander.
- Top with crumbled feta.