Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Chicken breast (or other pieces of your choice) cooked in a foil parcel with chargrilled capsicum. It's also a low-fat meal. Serve with veges or a salad. You can substitute for the capsicum with onion and tomato, a squeee of lemon, fresh herbs etc
- Trim the breast pieces to remove any fat or skin.
- Use cooking spray to lightly spray 4 pieces of aluminium foil.
- Using 1/2 of the capsicum slices spread them in the centre of each piece of foil.
- Place a chicken piece over the capsicum on each piece of foil.
- Spread over each chicken piece 1/4 of the reamining capsicum pieces. Sprinkle over the all-seasoning and the basil.
- Fold in the foil and seal in each piece of chicken . The foil should be fully sealed. I usually fold and 'scrunch" in lengthways and then roll up the ends. These should be sealed so that the steam and flavours are fully sealed inches.
- If large chicken pieces are used, you can cut them down the centre to make them 1/2 the thickness. This allows the chicken to cook through quickly and stops it from going tough and chewy.
- If you are unable to fully fold and seal the foil you can add another piece of foil over the top and them seal around all four sides.
- Any flavours or herbs can be used.
- Cook in the oven, grill, BBQ or frying pan. About 5 minutes on each side should be plenty.
- The foil parcel will swell up with steam towards the end of the cooking time. Do not release the steam.
- Allow to sit for anther minute before opening the parcel to serve.
A very nice and easy recipe. I used the seasonings as listed, I happened to have some fresh basil and I also added a little fresh oregano. The chicken was tender and done in a jiffy on the grill. I served this with parsley potatoes that I grilled in their own foil pouches. I am planning on using this method again for more grilling adventures.