1/1 Photo of Light Chicken and Capsicum (For the BBQ, Grill or Oven)
Chicken breast (or other pieces of your choice) cooked in a foil parcel with chargrilled capsicum. It's also a low-fat meal. Serve with veges or a salad. You can substitute for the capsicum with onion and tomato, a squeee of lemon, fresh herbs etc
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim the breast pieces to remove any fat or skin.
- 2Use cooking spray to lightly spray 4 pieces of aluminium foil.
- 3Using 1/2 of the capsicum slices spread them in the centre of each piece of foil.
- 4Place a chicken piece over the capsicum on each piece of foil.
- 5Spread over each chicken piece 1/4 of the reamining capsicum pieces. Sprinkle over the all-seasoning and the basil.
- 6Fold in the foil and seal in each piece of chicken . The foil should be fully sealed. I usually fold and 'scrunch" in lengthways and then roll up the ends. These should be sealed so that the steam and flavours are fully sealed inches.
- 7If large chicken pieces are used, you can cut them down the centre to make them 1/2 the thickness. This allows the chicken to cook through quickly and stops it from going tough and chewy.
- 8If you are unable to fully fold and seal the foil you can add another piece of foil over the top and them seal around all four sides.
- 9Any flavours or herbs can be used.
- 10Cook in the oven, grill, BBQ or frying pan. About 5 minutes on each side should be plenty.
- 11The foil parcel will swell up with steam towards the end of the cooking time. Do not release the steam.
- 12Allow to sit for anther minute before opening the parcel to serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light Chicken and Capsicum (For the BBQ, Grill or Oven)
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 265.0
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 92.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 30.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: