1/1 Photo of Light Lemon Tart
1 hr 5 mins
From Australian Good Food, they promise it has all the flavour of a regular kilojoule laden tart but lightened up. Have not included chill or cooling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup plain flour (150 grams)
- 50 g unsalted butter (cold chopped)
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar (pure)
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 1Place flour and butter in a food processor and process until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- 2Add icing sugar, oil, egg yolk and 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoon cold water and process until mixture just forms a ball.
- 3Turn out onto a lightly floured surface, knead lightly and shape into a disc and roll out to a 25cm round and ease into a 2cm deep 23cm loose base flan pan and trim edges and lightly prick base with a fork and chill for 10 minutes.
- 4Preheat oven to 190C to 170c fan force and place pan on a baking tray and line pastry with baking paper and fill with pastry weights, rice or dried beans and bake for 15 minutes and then remove paper and weights and bake for another 5 minutes or until pale golden in colour.
- 5Meanwhile, to make filling, whisk eggs and eggwhites until well combines.
- 6Sift icing sugar into a bowl and then gradually whisk in egg and stir in lemon rind and juice.
- 7Strain through a fine sieve and add sour cream and whisk until smooth.
- 8Carefully pour into warm pastry case.
- 9Reduce oven to 150c or 130c fan forced and bake tart for 25 to 30 minutes until just set and still wobbly in centre.
- 10Cool for 1 hour and dust with extra icing sugar.
- 11Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light Lemon Tart
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.5
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 83.4 mg
- Sodium 40.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 4.1 g