Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Got this recipe from MX who got this from Celebrity Tempting Treats made with Equal...I'm GLAD everyone is sharing this wonderful recipe because it's not only divine but very light too! I used sugar in place of equal.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius Line base of a 35cmx10cm flan or pie tin with one floded sheet of filo. Lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Top with another layer of folded pastry. Continue layering pastry and spraying in between until you have used all of the pastry.
- Bake blind for 15 min or until pastry is crisp and golden.
- Press down any part of the pastry that has puffed up during cooking.
- Put the custard powder, lime juice, lime zest, Equal and vanilla essence into a pan. Slowly stir in milk and whisk until smooth.
- Stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens.
- Remove from heat, cover with plastic wrap and allow to cool.
- SPoon custard mixture into cooked base and top with strawberries.
- Serve with low-fat ice cream.