3 hrs 30 mins
The little lamingtons featured here are sublime as after-dinner sweet treats. You can make them ahead, too, as they can be stored in airtight containers at room temperature for a few days. (Recipe from TheAge Newspaper - Aussie Classics January 2005). Preparation time includes standing time for the lamingtons to dry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 125 g soft butter, chopped
- 165 g caster sugar (3/4 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 185 g plain flour (11/4 cups)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 250 g flaked coconut
- 1Pre-heat oven to 190°C.
- 2Using an electric mixer, beat butter, castor sugar and vanilla until light and creamy.
- 3Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- 4Stir in combined sifted flour and baking powder alternately with milk and stir until smooth.
- 5Spoon mixture into a greased and base-lined, square, 23cm cake tin and bake for 25-30 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- 6Stand in tin for 10 minutes before turning out on a wire rack to cool.
- 7Wrap in clingwrap and store for 1 day.
- 8For icing, combine all ingredients with boiling water and mix until smooth.
- 9Cut cake into approximately 3cm squares and dip each one briefly into icing, then into coconut.
- 10Place lamingtons on a wire rack for 1-2 hours or until dry.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Little Lamingtons for Adults
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 45
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.6
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 17.4 mg
- Sodium 59.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 17.0 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: