Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Lobster with asparagus and lemon, how luscious can you get!Serves four as a main dish and 6-8 as an appetizer.
- Cut the lobster tails along each side of the underside with scissors.
- Pull the lobster flesh away from the shells and cut into thick slices.
- Top and tail the snow peas.
- Break off the woody end of the asparagus.
- Boil, steam or microwave the asparagus until barely tender, add the snow peas and cook for 1 minute longer. Drain and refresh under cold water until no longer warm.
- Heat the butter in a pan, add green onions, lemon rind and juice.
- Add the lobster, stir fry until the lobster is just tender then add the pine nuts, asparagus and snow peas. Stir until heated through.
Really enjoyed this one Fairy Nuff! I made a few alterations to the recipe but only because of what I had on hand, I used snow pea sprouts rather than pods and peanuts instead of pine nuts (not close substitutes I know!) and of course with pea sprouts didn't attempt to cook in any way before adding to the wok. You didn't make mention of the temperature for the wok / pan but a fairly gentle cooking was in order once the lobster was added and it worked well. Originally I was going to make the recipe using long asparagus cuts but in the end decided to chop a little shorter so I could eat using chopsticks. As soon as though I'd converted your recipe to chopstickable (new word?) format I also added some bamboo shoots from the first stage of cooking. All in all a top meal!