1/7 Photos of Low-Fat Home-Made Oven Chips
Everybody loves chips...only problem is the high calorie count!! This really simple recipe cuts the calories down so you don't have to feel so guilty about indulging!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 700 g potatoes
- 1 3/4 pints meat stock or 1 3/4 pints vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 220 degrees.
- 2Cut the potatoes into thick chips.
- 3Heat the stock in a large pan,when boiling,plunge the potatoes into it and cook approx 5 mins or until just tender.
- 4Drain the potatoes and cool slightly-reserve the stock for making chips on another day!
- 5Put the oil in a large ziplock bag and carefully toss the chips in it-at this point you can freeze them for use another day.
- 6Transfer the chips to a non-stick baking tray and bake for approx 15 mins,turning them once or twice, until golden and crisp (if cooking from frozen allow a little longer!).
- 7Sprinkle with paprika or if you're like me and can't live without it some spicy chicken salt.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low-Fat Home-Made Oven Chips
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.8
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: