2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 30 mins
A recipe I've found on the internet and slightly adjusted to my liking, an australian super cake worth making :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 60 g butter
- 1/4 cup pecan nuts (optional)
- 1Combine apples, dates, bicarb soda and water.
- 2Allow to cool to lukewarm.
- 3Line an 8" 20cm deep cake tin.
- 4Heat oven to 180 degrees C.
- 5(350 degrees F).
- 6Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 7Add egg and vanilla and beat well.
- 8Sift flour and salt, beat in alternately with apple mixture.
- 9Pour into tin and bake for approximately 1 hour or until cooked.
- 10(layer pecan nuts on top pf cake before pouring topping on) Topping: Make topping by combining butter, sugar, milk and coconut.
- 11Use the microwave or the stove top.
- 12Heat over low temp till butter and sugar is melted.
- 13Spread over hot cake and return to oven for a further 20 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lumberjack cake
Serving Size: 1 (1513 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3747.9
- Calories from Fat 1194
- Total Fat 132.7 g
- Saturated Fat 87.9 g
- Cholesterol 470.0 mg
- Sodium 3259.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 633.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 32.8 g
- Sugars 451.7 g
- Protein 35.1 g