Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are definitely not the version of Anzacs that the Australian Diggers received in their care packages! This is a lovely version with new, modern flavours. Try them - you won't stop at one. Australian measurements used. (Aust. Women's Weekly)
- 125 g butter, chopped
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped glace ginger (or crystallised ginger)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F, Gas 4). Grease baking trays and line with baking paper.
- In a medium saucepan combine butter and golden syrup. Place over a low heat and stir until blended and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Combine bicarb soda and boiling water then stir into mixture. Add and combine remaining ingredients.
- Form level tablespoons of mixture into balls and place on oven trays. Space about 5cm apart and flatten slightly. Bake about 15 minutes; until golden. Biscuits will harden upon cooling. Cool on trays.