1/3 Photos of Macadamia and Ginger Shortbread
From a national supermarkets Christmas magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 130C (fan forced).
- 2Spread nuts on a baking tray and cook for 7 to 8 minutes, or until lightly golden and then cool and chop.
- 3Use electric beaters to beat butter and sugar until light and creamy and then add sifted flours, using a butter knife to mix together, then add the ginger and macadamia nuts and mix.
- 4Gather dough together and turn out onto a sheet of non-stick baking paper and press dough out to a 25cm round.
- 5With dough still on the paper, lift it onto a baking tray and use your fingers to pinch the edges to give a fluted effect.
- 6Score dough into wedges and prick with a fork and sprinkle the extra sugar on.
- 7Cook for 35 minutes, or until firm and pale golden.
- 8Cool on tray, dust with icing sugar and then cut into wedges.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macadamia and Ginger Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.4
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 33.3 mg
- Sodium 111.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: