From a national supermarkets Christmas magazine.
Make and share this Macadamia and Ginger Shortbread recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 130C (fan forced).
- Spread nuts on a baking tray and cook for 7 to 8 minutes, or until lightly golden and then cool and chop.
- Use electric beaters to beat butter and sugar until light and creamy and then add sifted flours, using a butter knife to mix together, then add the ginger and macadamia nuts and mix.
- Gather dough together and turn out onto a sheet of non-stick baking paper and press dough out to a 25cm round.
- With dough still on the paper, lift it onto a baking tray and use your fingers to pinch the edges to give a fluted effect.
- Score dough into wedges and prick with a fork and sprinkle the extra sugar on.
- Cook for 35 minutes, or until firm and pale golden.
- Cool on tray, dust with icing sugar and then cut into wedges.