Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
From a national supermarkets Christmas magazine.
Make and share this Macadamia and Ginger Shortbread recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 130C (fan forced).
- Spread nuts on a baking tray and cook for 7 to 8 minutes, or until lightly golden and then cool and chop.
- Use electric beaters to beat butter and sugar until light and creamy and then add sifted flours, using a butter knife to mix together, then add the ginger and macadamia nuts and mix.
- Gather dough together and turn out onto a sheet of non-stick baking paper and press dough out to a 25cm round.
- With dough still on the paper, lift it onto a baking tray and use your fingers to pinch the edges to give a fluted effect.
- Score dough into wedges and prick with a fork and sprinkle the extra sugar on.
- Cook for 35 minutes, or until firm and pale golden.
- Cool on tray, dust with icing sugar and then cut into wedges.
This is my first ever attempt at making a true shortbread and it was the best ever recipe for a first timer!
The only problem I had was my oven timer did not work and they overcooked just a little before I realised.......but apart from that this recipe still tasted awesome!
DD has never like shortbread let alone ginger, and she loved them....DS hates ginger and he loved this........... DD, well if it has nuts in it, its a winner for him.
Will be making this again Pat, so easy and such a beautiful rich and buttery shortbread.
Great recipe- easy to make and 5 delicious stars from my husband. Made as written. I think this would be a great gift to make for a Christmas gift for anyone who loves a good shortbread. Macadamia and Buderim ginger...couldn't be any more Aussie flavoured shortbread than that. I had trouble getting the frill on the edge...but in the end it really isn't needed. Baked for approx 45 minutes in my oven. Photo also to be postedReviewed for Make my Recipe Tag Game in the Aus/NZ Forum