1/3 Photos of Macadamia and Ginger Shortbread
From a national supermarkets Christmas magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 130C (fan forced).
- 2Spread nuts on a baking tray and cook for 7 to 8 minutes, or until lightly golden and then cool and chop.
- 3Use electric beaters to beat butter and sugar until light and creamy and then add sifted flours, using a butter knife to mix together, then add the ginger and macadamia nuts and mix.
- 4Gather dough together and turn out onto a sheet of non-stick baking paper and press dough out to a 25cm round.
- 5With dough still on the paper, lift it onto a baking tray and use your fingers to pinch the edges to give a fluted effect.
- 6Score dough into wedges and prick with a fork and sprinkle the extra sugar on.
- 7Cook for 35 minutes, or until firm and pale golden.
- 8Cool on tray, dust with icing sugar and then cut into wedges.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macadamia and Ginger Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.4
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 33.3 mg
- Sodium 111.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: