Missy Wombat's Note:
A true Aussie shortbread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat the butter until it resembles whipped cream.
- 2Gradually add the sugar and beat well between each addition.
- 3Mix the flour, macadamia nut meal and wattleseed together.
- 4Add to the butter mixture and mix well until you have a smooth dough.
- 5Divide mixture in two and knead for about 5-10minutes until the dough is very smooth.
- 6Roll out into a slab on a greased tray or on baking paper or alternately use a cookie cutter.
- 7Shortbread should be about 1 cm thick when rolled.
- 8Prick with a fork to allow the air to flow through and make the shortbread crisp.
- 9Dust with a little caster sugar.
- 10Bake in a slow oven 150C for about 40minutes.
Browse Our Top Scottish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macadamia and Wattleseed Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (919 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5159.2
- Calories from Fat 3662
- Total Fat 406.9 g
- Saturated Fat 208.1 g
- Cholesterol 801.4 mg
- Sodium 2159.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 357.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.9 g
- Sugars 107.1 g
- Protein 46.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: