From Australia The Beautiful Cookbook by Elise Pascoe.
Make and share this Macadamia Nut Cake With Caramel Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Butter a 10" round cake pan.
- In food processor combine nuts, flour and baking powder. Pulse to chop nuts finely.
- In large bowl, beat egg yolks and sugar together.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff.
- Fold whites into yolk mixture.
- Fold in nut mixture.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Spoon into cake pan.
- Bake 30 minutes until golden.
- CARAMEL SAUCE.
- In saucepan over medium heat, add sugar and half and half and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Simmer gently without stirring until caramelized.
- Remove from heat, stir in butter.
- Let cool.
- Drizzle over cake and top with whipped cream.