1 hr 5 mins
This is a real treat for the eyes and the tastebuds. The pears show through the batter and this gives the tart an elegant appearence
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350f.
- 2Butter a 9 1/2" round ceramic tart or quiche pan.
- 3Combine flour 1/2 cup sugar,nuts, baking powder& salt.
- 4Stir milk, egg& vanilla until blended.
- 5Add to flour mixture& stir until smooth.
- 6Place each pear half, cut side down on a cutting board.
- 7Cut crosswise into 1/4" slices.
- 8Keep it in it's original shape and, using a spatula, place it in the buttered pan with the stem end facing toward the center.
- 9Repeat with remaining pears.
- 10Press pear halves to fan them slightly toward the center Pour batter over the pears, sprinkle tops with 1 tsp sugar.
- 11Bake 35-40 minutes or until golden and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 12Cover and refrigerate until well chilled, serve cold.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macadamia-Pear Tart
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.6
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 28.5 mg
- Sodium 112.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 19.1 g
- Protein 2.9 g