1/5 Photos of Macadamia Shortbread
An Australian twist on the classic shortbread. Cooking time includes the chilling time for the dough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the macadamia nuts and sugar in a food processor and pulse until they reach the texture of fine crumbs.
- 2Then add the vanilla extract and butter, and pulse again until smooth.
- 3Add 4.4 ounces of the flour, and pulse until just combined.
- 4Remove and knead in as much of the remaining flour as you need to create a smooth dough.
- 5Roll the dough in plastic wrap, to form a log approximately 20cm in length, then refrigerate for half an hour.
- 6Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 7Take the dough log from the fridge, cut into 0.5cm-thick slices.
- 8Push a few extra macadamia pieces into each biscuit, then remove the plastic wrap.
- 9Place on a baking sheet and bake on the middle shelf of the oven for eight to nine minutes, until just set.
- 10Cool the biscuits on a tray, then transfer them to a wire rack.
- 11Store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macadamia Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 417.2
- Calories from Fat 273
- Total Fat 30.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 44.7 mg
- Sodium 121.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 4.6 g