An Australian twist on the classic shortbread. Cooking time includes the chilling time for the dough.
- Put the macadamia nuts and sugar in a food processor and pulse until they reach the texture of fine crumbs.
- Then add the vanilla extract and butter, and pulse again until smooth.
- Add 4.4 ounces of the flour, and pulse until just combined.
- Remove and knead in as much of the remaining flour as you need to create a smooth dough.
- Roll the dough in plastic wrap, to form a log approximately 20cm in length, then refrigerate for half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Take the dough log from the fridge, cut into 0.5cm-thick slices.
- Push a few extra macadamia pieces into each biscuit, then remove the plastic wrap.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake on the middle shelf of the oven for eight to nine minutes, until just set.
- Cool the biscuits on a tray, then transfer them to a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container.