Recipe is originally from the Australian Macadamia Society. Posted for Australia - ZWT #5.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees (180 C).
- 2Grease a 11 x 8 x 2 inch pan (30cmx20cm x 3-4cm)and line the base with baking paper.
- 3Beat butter and sugar together in a bowl until thick and creamy, about 5 minutes.
- 4Beat in eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- 5Stir in flour and half the macadamias, mixing well to make quite a stiff mixture.
- 6Using a spatula spread half the cake mixture over the pan base.
- 7Spoon the preserves over that.
- 8Spread remaining cake mixture over the conserve to reach pan sides.
- 9Sprinkle with remaining macadamias and extra sugar.
- 10Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- 11Cover with baking paper if macadamias brown too much.
- 12Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
- 13Cut into small squares.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macadamia Shortcake Slice
Serving Size: 1 (43 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.4
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 69.7 mg
- Sodium 288.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: