1/6 Photos of Mango and Coriander (Cilantro) Sauce -For Fish or Chicken
A fantastic and simple sauce to use over fish or chicken. Good with chicken nuggets too. I usually buy mangoes when they are cheap and freeze them to use later. If you like your sauce a little zingier-add some sweet chilli sauce or some tabasco sauce. Use a gluten-free chicken stock powder to make this sauce gluten-free (I use Massel brand.) This sauce can br prepared a day ahead- but only add the chopped coriander before serving (when reheating). Shown in one of my photos served over The Easiest - Low-Fat Baked Fish Fillets using a basa fillet
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled and flesh removed from the stone (can use equivalent de-frosted from frozen mango)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onions or 1/2 medium sized onion, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons chicken stock powder, can use two crumbled stock cubes instead
- 3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch pepper
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves (cilantro leaves)
- 1Use a food processor or stick blender to pulp the mango. Can also mash by hand and force through a strainer.
- 2Heat the oil in a small saucepan and then saute the onion until soft. Add the chicken stock and stir through.
- 3Add the mango pulp, the balsamic vinegar, pepper. Continue to stir over medium heat for a couple of minutes.
- 4Add the coriander and heat through thoroughly. The sauce can be reheated if ready before your fish or chicken.
- 5Serve over fish or chicken. Some veges or rice on the side.
- 6My photo shows basa fillet, sprinkled with all-seasoning cooked at 180°C (fan-forced) in the oven for 20 minutes. Use 200°C if not using a fan-forced oven. Topped with sauce and some steamed veges.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mango and Coriander (Cilantro) Sauce -For Fish or Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.9
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 23.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 0.6 g