9 hrs 25 mins
Wendys Kitchen's Note:
Easy, light and refreshing asian dessert. You need about 2 mangoes for the ice. Time include freezing time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine coconut milk and caster sugar in small saucepan. Stir over low heat until sugar melts. Remove from heat and set aside until room temperature.
- 2Meanwhile place mango flesh in food processor and process until smooth.
- 3Add to cooled milk mixture and mix well.
- 4Place in 1 -litre plastic container and freeze for 3-4 hours.
- 5Whisk egg white until soft peaks form.
- 6Roughly break up frozen mango mixture with metal spoon. Transfer to large mixing bowl.
- 7Beat with electric beaters until smooth.
- 8Use large metal spoon to fold eggwhite through mixture until combined.
- 9Return mixture to container and re-freeze for another 6 hours.
- 10To make the fruit salad, cut rind from lime. Remove white pith and create very thin strips of lime zest.
- 11Extract lime juice and mix the juice with the zest and caster sugar.
- 12Cut the mangos into chunks, combine with the blueberries and lime dressing. Combine and refrigerate until needed.
- 13Place mango ice in fridge for 1 hour prior to serving so it is soft enough to dish up.
- 14Serve fruit salad topped with mango ice.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mango & Coconut Ice With Mango Lime Fruit Salad
Serving Size: 1 (447 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.1
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 18.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 64.8 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light coconut milk