1/3 Photos of Mango Glazed Fresh Atlantic Salmon
A Australian Christmas recipe from a National supermarket, suitable to our hot climate, devised by Curtis Stone.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup white wine vinegar (Coles Italian was stipulated)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 mango (peeled pitted and cut into large chunks)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coriander (cilanto chopped finely)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 8 (170 g) salmon fillets (skin removed)
- salt and pepper
- 1To make glaze - place vinegar and honey in a medium saucepan and over a medium heat cook until honey has dissolved and liquid has thicken slightly, about 2 minutes
- 2Add ginger and mango and bring to low simmer and continue cooking another 5 to 7 minutes or until softened.
- 3Remove from the heat and transfer contents to saucepan to a blender and process until a smooth puree forms and set aside to cool.
- 4Once cooled, season with lime juice and soy sauce and fold in coriander (NOTE - glaze can be made 1 day in advance and extra glaze will keep up to 3 days in the refrigerator).
- 5Preheat grill/broiler to high and line a medium baking tray with foil.
- 6In a large saute pan heat olive oil over high heat.
- 7Season salmon with salt and pepper and place in pan, glesh side down and cook until golden brown about 15 seconds and flip over and sear other side for another 10 seconds.
- 8Immediately transfer salmon, flesh side up, to baking tray lined with oil and coat with mange glaze.
- 9Place tray under grill/broiler and cook approximately 5 minutes, or until salmon is just done and glaze starts to brown and then transfer salmon to a plate and let rest for 2 minutes.
- 10To serve, transfer fish to a platter and serve with sides.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mango Glazed Fresh Atlantic Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.1
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 78.2 mg
- Sodium 170.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 35.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar