A cool dessert with tropical touches. Coconut crust for crunchy contrast to the smooth filling. Needs at least 4 hours chilling time for the filling to set up so plan ahead.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350ºF. Position rack in lowest position.
- 2Spread butter evenly over bottom & up sides of a glass 9 inch pie plate.
- 3Sprinkle coconut over bottom & up sides of baking dish, pressing into the butter to form a shell.
- 4Bake for 13 minutes or until rim is lightly browned (center & sides will just be turing golden brown). Remove from oven & cool completely.
- 5Place mango in blender or food processor & puree until very smooth. There should be 2 cups of puree. Pour in a large bowl & stir in orange juice.
- 6In a 1 cup glass measure, add 2 tablespoons cold water. Sprinkle gelatin over water & let soften for 2 minutes then stir. Heat in microwave 10-15 seconds to dissolve gelatin. Stir, set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- 7In a small bowl, whip cream with sugar until stiff.
- 8Add gelatin to mango mixture; stir well. Gently fold in whipped cream till no white streaks remain.
- 9Pour filling into cooled crust. Garnish with toasted coconut if desired. (see cook's notes).
- 10Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- 11**Cooks note: if desired, measure out 1/3 cup of the coconut for garnish. Spread it in another pan & bake for 6 minutes, stirring once or twice or until browned.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mango Mousse Pie
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.0
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 14.3 mg
- Sodium 89.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 23.4 g
- Protein 2.1 g