Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
A combination of my favourite fruits in a delicious meringue roll. Very summery. Of course you could use other fruits if you wished.
- Preheat oven to a moderately slow 160 degree C (or 140 for fan forced).
- Grease a 25cm x 30cm Swiss roll pan.
- Cut a sheet of baking paper so that overhangs the baking pan at both ends and place the paper on the baking sheet.
- Beat the egg whites in a small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- The bowl and beaters must be absolutely clean and free of any grease or egg yolk or this won't work.
- Gradually add the sugar, beating to dissolve between additions.
- Fold in the vanilla, vinegar and cornflour.
- Spread the mixture onto the prepared pan and sprinkle on the coconut.
- Bake on a lower shelf for about 20 minutes or until the meringue is lightly browned.
- Cover a wire rack with another sheet of baking paper.
- Invert the meringue carefully onto the paper, then remove the lining paper.
- Allow to cool, coconut side down.
- Whip the cream until soft peak stage.
- Spread onto the cooled meringue.
- Top with the passionfruit and mango slices.
- Roll the meringue firmly from the long side, using the baking paper to guide the meringue.
- Serve in slices.
- This may not stay completely neat but it is delicious!