From super food ideas - looks like a tasty vegetarian side. I would use sugar free maple syrup for diabetic reasons.
- Preheat oven to 210C (190C fan forced).
- Lightly grease a large roasting pan.
- Add pumpkin to pan and season with salt and pepper and drizzle with oil and half the syrup and roast for 20 minutes or until jut tender and lightly browned.
- Combine pecans and remaining syrup in a bowl.
- Add pecan mixture to pumpkin mixture and roast for 10 minutes or until pumpkin is tender.
- Serve with the sour cream.
- TIP - you could add 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves with the oil in step 3.