From super food ideas - looks like a tasty vegetarian side. I would use sugar free maple syrup for diabetic reasons.
- Preheat oven to 210C (190C fan forced).
- Lightly grease a large roasting pan.
- Add pumpkin to pan and season with salt and pepper and drizzle with oil and half the syrup and roast for 20 minutes or until jut tender and lightly browned.
- Combine pecans and remaining syrup in a bowl.
- Add pecan mixture to pumpkin mixture and roast for 10 minutes or until pumpkin is tender.
- Serve with the sour cream.
- TIP - you could add 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves with the oil in step 3.
We loved this Pat, sweet and savoury and YUMMY!
I followed as written but was out of sour cream, but will be trying it again with the cream.
I love the fact you can leave the skin on......I hate removing the skin on pumkins!
DS usually won't eat the pumpkin, but he did this one.....not too mention is a nut freak, so it did not take much persuading him to try it! He loved it also.
Thanks Pat, enjoyed by all here!
I used a small delicata squash and that truned out delicious. It's both sweet and savory with the pecans being a perfect addition. Good enough for holidays and easy enough for everyday. :D