We've been using this marinade for 25 years and never tire of it. The taste is wonderful and, if left overnight, the marinade helps to tenderize the steaks. (If tenderness is a big issue, add a couple of tablespoons of vinegar to the recipe below). Prep time does not include time for marinading.
- Combine all ingredients in a non-metallic bowl.
- Add steak and spoon over marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours or preferably overnight (but even 1/2 hour will do).
- When ready to cook remove meat from marinade, pat dry with paper towels and cook as usual.
- (I usually fry or barbecue the steak).
Great marinade. If you have a food sealer I suggest you place the steak in the bag and run the marinade function. Strapped for time I had it marinate for ~20mins under pressure while I prepped the remaining dinner. Too easy. Alternative to Red Wine, use equivalent measure of Jack Daniels, add some Chipotle chillies and place in a BBQ with some hickory chips. Sensational flavour.
Loved it! Marinated a top round steak for about 4 hours in fridge, added a very nice flavor. Didn't have any red wine, so used red wine vinegar and turned out great. Will definitely try to marinate longer next time, but still good with a few hours! Thanks for posting.
This is the BEST! My Kids and grandbaby came over for a tenderloin cookout and we were all blown away! Thank YOU! This is my steak marinade FOREVER!