Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a simple marinade for any beef cuts, the longer you marinate the more the flavour will soak into the meat. My carnivores (Little Miss (DD) and Hubby) really enjoyed it. I didn't mind it on chicken either.
- 2 porterhouse steaks (different steak can be used)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot or 1 teaspoon ginger, in a jar
- 1 garlic cloves, crushed or 1 teaspoon garlic, in a jar
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon (or your favorite spice)
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- In a large shallow bowl combine the sugar, ginger, garlic, tarragon, soy sauce and vinegar, mix until sugar has dissolved.
- Add meat into the marinade mixture, mix.
- Cover with cling wrap and allow to marinate at least 30 minutes, turning once or twice.
- Place steak on BBQ or grill, cook then brushing with marinade, flip steak once, cook until done or according to your taste.
- Remove off heat and serve immediately with salad and potato dish.
Very good marinade.Made everything as written and instead of fresh gingeroot i used 1/8 tsp ginger powder.Thanks for the recipe and will do again.
WOW! This is so easy and so good. I switched out the tarragon for basil. DH prefers sirloin and I prefer ribeye so I bought those. Delicious flavor and the carmelization was beautiful and tasty. DH ended up trying to steal part of my ribeye when he ran out of sirloin and has asked that I make it again this week. I served it with a salad and some steamed asparagus and it was a wonderful dinner.
My husband and I agree that this marinade adds an EXCELLENT flavor to steaks! We wanted to grill some rib-eyes on the 4th of July so I did a search for a yummy sounding marinade recipe. I'm really glad I choose this one! I didn't have any tarragon, so I substituted Grill Mates Montreal Steak seasoning. I used garlic powder because I didn't have any fresh garlic and also used about 1/8 teaspoon of ginger powder. The combination of brown sugar, soy sauce and ginger gave the steaks a nice teriyaki flavor. I only had time to marinate for 1 hour. Next time I would like to marinate for a minimum of 4 hours. I'm looking forward to trying this again!