This is a simple marinade for any beef cuts, the longer you marinate the more the flavour will soak into the meat. My carnivores (Little Miss (DD) and Hubby) really enjoyed it. I didn't mind it on chicken either.
- 2 porterhouse steaks (different steak can be used)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot or 1 teaspoon ginger, in a jar
- 1 garlic cloves, crushed or 1 teaspoon garlic, in a jar
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon (or your favorite spice)
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- In a large shallow bowl combine the sugar, ginger, garlic, tarragon, soy sauce and vinegar, mix until sugar has dissolved.
- Add meat into the marinade mixture, mix.
- Cover with cling wrap and allow to marinate at least 30 minutes, turning once or twice.
- Place steak on BBQ or grill, cook then brushing with marinade, flip steak once, cook until done or according to your taste.
- Remove off heat and serve immediately with salad and potato dish.